If the research done by OnlineSchools is accurate, that’s just one of the many interesting facts that has come out of their online dating study. Some of the others that jumped out at me were:
- The average age of the online dating user in the US is 48
- China has almost 4 times the amount of online dating users compared to the US
- 10% of the US population is currently using an online dating site
- Customer visiting dating sites spend an average of $239 a year!
- 1 out of 10 sex offenders use online dating to find a mate. (seemed kind of low to me?)
These types of studies are always interesting because they not only show how human beings are adapting to the online age, but they can expose some less flattering facts as well. I could go over the whole infographic since almost everything seemed to surprise me in one way or another, but I’ll stop here so you can read the graph yourself and hopefully we can continue the discussion in the comments.